Monday, May 9, 2016

Too Big To Handle

Apologies for the title, I couldn't think of a better summary.

Bapa, Adek, and I went to THE Big Bad Wolf book fair at ICE BSD today. Everyone had been raving about the event so it was only right for us as book lovers to see what's the hype was about. And, lo and behold, I have never seen that many books in my life before. Let's just say when they said there were millions of imported books (sold at a fraction of the price despite being in a perfect condition) ready to snatch at the exhibition, they didn't mean it figuratively. Would have loved to share photos of the venue and the insane amount of crowd --on a Monday!-- had I not been too busy dealing with anxiety the entire time to take some.


I knew the second I laid eyes on this sucker that Lu would love it as much as I do. Recipes of tandoori fish masala, green chicken curry, fish with madras sauce samosas, red beef curry, spicy pork vindaloo, lamb and spinach curry, chicken tikka masala, lamb biryani, tandoori chicken kebabs with raita, among others. Umm, yes please! #TheIndianLife

So, final thoughts: Is it worth the hype? Absolutely! I can see this being a dream-come-true and basically a heaven for avid book readers and/or collectors. Will I be returning next year? Maybe not. While I highly appreciate the super neat management as far as quality goes for both the goods and the bazaar itself at large, I unfortunately found the quantity of the books to be overwhelming. A great trip nonetheless. Quite possibly the best 45k ever spent too.

No comments:

Post a Comment