Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Giant Takeaway from A Dating Show

With my startup taking a lengthy hiatus --much to my dismay-- and Lu being away traveling to London, Ibiza, Valencia, and Calpe, I've been having a lot of free time around and past midnight, being a night owl I always am. For the past a couple of days, movies streaming and e-books are no longer cutting it so I started watching The Bachelorette............. which is highly unusual since I don't watch that kind of reality show, or any kind of TV show anymore for that matter. I guess the trampoline phase of my life lately has gotten the best of me that I want nothing more than a blah show to pass the time. How many times can you say 'show' in one paragraph?

It's the ninth season, starring a bridal stylist Desiree Hartsock who is not only drop-dead gorgeous but also seems very humble and non-materialistic. I had always heard people in these shows to be the just opposite, so she immediately earned my respect and, long story short, I began rooting for her to find love here. And oh my gosh, let me tell you, I've never seen someone crying as much as she was during her final days into the program! I can't stand cry babies and drama queens (this has to do with me being friends with mostly guys growing up, I believe), but even I gotta admit that what happened to her was utterly awful, and I'm not sure I would've handled it better had it been me who had to go through all that, not to mention for the world to see.

She did get engaged in the end, and after looking her and her fiance up on Google, I learned that they are happily married now and expecting a baby, which is a wonderful news because Google also told me it's very rare for The Bachelor and its spin-offs' couples to last for any period of time at all. *poker face* Even so, it raises my alarm on how things could go very smoothly and believable in a relationship and one day it'd just blow up on your face. There is almost nothing certain in love, and the deeper you fall for someone, the vulnerable you are from the risks of having your heartbroken. It makes me reflective on how we can't rely on our partner no matter how promising the situation is, because they might not always be what they seem, or they are, but they might change one day, rocking your world that has already revolved around them.

Insecurities, insecurities.

PS: The island of Madeira, Portugal is CRAZY beautiful. Thanks for helping me discover this, The Bachelorette season 9.


No comments:

Post a Comment