Friday, May 13, 2016

Brothers for Life

As I was getting ready this morning, one of my guy friends texted me asking if I was free to talk. We used to be pretty close but lately we strictly have conversations in the WhatsApp group. For confidentiality purposes, let's call him A. A is in the following picture, I'm not telling which one. :P


Spending months preparing for CFA Institute Research Challenge (which was super awesome, definitely among my fave memories), plus being friends with me years prior to this training, A knows I have this special bond with B. Again, B is in the following picture. Guess which one! ;)


Basically A heard a rumor of B's job being on the risky side and has been very concerned. I know they always say only 20% of the people who ask question genuinely care, the other 80% are merely curious. But I feel it, A is within the minority, if such statistics did not come out of thin air.


And it warmed my heart. It's really wonderful to see how a person who rarely talks to you (the person being A and you being B), rarely meets you, rarely sees you, still looks out for you and wants the best for you. I love my boys, they're really brothers for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment