Saturday, July 2, 2016

Avec Moi et Ma Chérie

Since Nesa's birthday, June 21, was a weekday, we had to delay the celebration until today. After a few hours shopping at Grand Indonesia, we headed to Avec Moi, the chosen restaurant; however, the reservation was at 6 and we arrived there way earlier, so we looked around and found Tanamera, a coffee shop a couple of doors down.


I was really thrilled to get together with Galih after so long! With her being pretty as always, I hope we can look past that one hair across my forehead. How embarrassing. *rolls eyes* The short visit to Tanamera was lovely and one hour was enough to work up our appetite. At 6, our table was ready, but we were directed to the one below the staircase, causing the shadow to darken up the already dim lightings. We tried asking to be moved to another table, also for 4, but the waiter said it wasn't possible; they weren't allowed to do that. Personally I couldn't see what could be the problem since the other tables (of 4) were still empty, but whatever.


Bacon linguine carbonara for Nesa (top left), seabass grenobloise with pilat rice for me (top right), and prawn spaghetti marinara for Galih (bottom). Everything was super scrumptious that we were curious on how the desserts would taste like.


Neither the orange souffle (left) nor valrhona chocolate fondant (right) was too sweet; just perfect. Finishing up the meals with those lovely desserts made the dinner nothing but impeccable. We started off on the wrong foot, but all in all, I would definitely go back to this restaurant.


According to Nesa, Galih's eyebrows were crying for help, haha, so she took us to Kota Kasablanka to get those brows done. We wanted to shop some more after that but the mall was INSANELY swarmed! Eid is four days away so I knew it wasn't going to be empty, but not that full! We didn't get to give Nesa a birthday cake, so another meet up is in order. Besides, it wasn't until I fished for my keys in my handbag that I realized I haven't given Nesa her birthday present. What a genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment